The area holds an assortment of archaeological remains providing evidence of early prehistoric activity and indeed a hill nearby is known as Banc y rhyfel (War Bank) from when Iron Age man chose the hill for his stronghold.
Carreg Castell y Gwynt (Windy Rock) is another of the many ancient monuments in the area. The rock is believed to form the stone of a chambered tomb dating back to the Neolithic or Bronze Age times.
Llanfynydd Church, dedicated to St Egwad, is a prominent feature in the village and it’s southern divisions date back to the 13th Century, while the northern parts of the church were added in the 15th Century.
Lying to the south east of Llanfynydd is the hamlet of Capel Isaac (Isaac Chapel). Capel Isaac was built in 1790 and again in 1848, it was one of the first Anabaptist churches in the whole of Wales.
A more detailed history of the village is covered in Lyn Thomas’s excellent book – the History of Llanfynydd published in 2009.
Anybody wishing to contribute to this history section may do so by sending information to the council.